Friday, September 11, 2015

Comparing and Matching Numbers!

With this week being such a short week for math, the kids did 3 stations, and I called them to my table in small groups from their already small groups to work on counting numbers. In their small group stations, the kids compared and matched numbers and amounts in their 3 stations, and counted pips for me at my table.

At their first station this week, the kids used legos to build towers. Once they built their tower, they chose a friend in their group to compare towers with and see whose tower was taller and whose tower was shorter.




At their second station this week, the kids matched Chesters and numbers on our mini pocket charts. These are our new favorite things! The kids LOVE working on these.



At their third station this week, the kids rolled dice and made towers with the linking cubes to match the number they rolled. Then, they drew pictures of their towers on a piece a paper to show which was taller and which was shorter.






















At my table, the kids came 1 or 2 at a time and counted pips at my table with number from either 1-10 or 1-20.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment